
Should I start chewing my nails now? It's seven days and counting until I leave for the Seminary.
I still have a mountain of laundry to do, clothes to pack and books to box up. Then I have to pack up my computer. No... I have to pack up my computers. I use a Mac day-to-day, but I also have responsibilities with regard to keeping my local parish's website (St Dominics) up-to-date and that requires a PC. On top of this I am the quintessential 'Gadget Man' - a residue of 17 years of an IT career! So I'll be carting quite a considerable amount of technology 120 miles westwards to Oscott... My poor little car is going to be packed to the roof!
I am, however, not actually worrying about any of this at all. Especially since this weekend when I was privileged to meet Father Philip Harries while on a short holiday in Wales: he was recently ordained for the Diocese of Menevia after having studied at Oscott. He joyfully assured me that I will really enjoy my studies at Oscott and I have to say that I can't wait!
Roll on the packing!
Post a Comment