Today is the 11th of September.
Seven years have gone past, yet still the images of the World Trade Centre towers falling have the power to shock. I still remember clearly where I was and what I was doing as I learned of the atrocity.
I want to take a moment to remember those who died both then and afterwards as a result of the attacks and the responses to them.
No matter who they are, each soul is precious to God. I pray that those who died and were innocent of any crime may have come to joy and peace in the presence of God. Because I hope that all souls may be saved, I pray that those who were guilty may have in their final moments realised the truth of their actions and that they were able to seek forgiveness from God that their souls might be washed clean and saved. I pray that those who seek violence or vengeance in this world may find instead charity and peace. Lord, on this day, comfort those who weep for lost ones.
May peace be with you all.
Post a Comment