I am somewhat lacking in computer facilities at the moment (this is being prepared on a laptop balanced precariously on the edge of my bed). My desk is in bits, as is my proper main computer (its component parts are spread all over the house) while I decorate my living room prior to installing new matching shelving and desks. This is the culmination of my project to maximise the amount of storage downstairs in the house. (Next stop, upstairs, but that's a huge project involving knocking down walls and moving plumbing. Eek!)
So, today I have been sitting and watching paint dry. It's actually quite theraputic. Since it wasn't possible to waste my time on my computer, I just sat in the one available chair with my feet up on the window sill staring out at my front garden. I'm rather proud of my front garden. I put in lots of lovely multicoloured foliage last year and it looks almost as good now in winter as it does in summer. Some of the plants are still flowering after 9 months - despite all the recent snow and frigidness. There's a little water feature (one of those half barrel things) that I can turn on when I want the tinkly sound of water splashing. It's rather nice to just gaze at it and forget the modern world with all its bustle and stress and just concentrate on the natural beauty and all that potential energy hidden away inside the tightly wound buds on the cherry tree. Each bud, each leaf, each shoot is a work of art - and they're not of my making.
It made me happy.
1 comments:
-
Anonymous
on
19 February 2009 at 10:00
Such a wonderful moment of grace, I suspect. Thanks for sharing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment